Blanket Coverage Podcast – Episode 113 (CFP Semi’s Recap, Wild Card Preview, End of Non-Con CBB)

first_imgReddIt Linkedin + posts Jack Wallacehttps://www.tcu360.com/author/jack-wallace/ Facebook Jack Wallace 2021 NFL Mock Draft (Part 1) Special Facebook TAGSball don’t lieblanket coveragecbbcfbcfpnbancaaNFL 2020/21 NFL Exit Interviews – NFC West Jack is a junior journalism major and studio art minor from Atlanta, Georgia. He enjoys everything sports and co-runs the Blanket Coverage podcast as well as photographs for TCU360. TCU News Now 4/28/2021 2020/21 NFL Exit Interviews – NFC East Linkedin 2021 NFL Mock Draft (Part 1) Special Jack Wallacehttps://www.tcu360.com/author/jack-wallace/ ReddIt printJack and Noah recap the College Football Playoff semifinals and then lead into the final week of regular-season NFL before looking ahead to previewing the Wild Card round of the playoffs. We then discuss the state of college basketball as non-conference play ends. Tune in next week for our recap of the Wild Card games and a preview of the Divisional Round, as well as our upcoming final college football podcast! Twitter Jack Wallacehttps://www.tcu360.com/author/jack-wallace/ 2020/21 NFL Exit Interviews – NFC West Twitter Jack Wallacehttps://www.tcu360.com/author/jack-wallace/ Previous articleWomen’s Basketball upsets #25 Texas, 65-63Next articleNembhard shines in clutch, leads basketball over Iowa State in Big 12 opener Jack Wallace RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Fort Worth’s first community fridge program helps serve vulnerable neighborhoods last_img read more

Read More »

HSU athletic director Dan Collen to retire following fall sports season

first_imgArcata >> The longest tenured athletic director in Humboldt State University history, after bleeding green and gold for more than three decades, has decided it’s time to retire.Dan Collen, 61, will finish his HSU career at the end of the 2016 fall sports season after 15 years of leading HSU Athletics and 35 years of service to Humboldt State.“I have been blessed to have been involved with HSU Athletics,” Collen said. “It’s been an honor to work alongside such a tremendous staff and to work …last_img

Read More »

Red Bluff Holiday Classic tournament begins Wednesday

first_imgRed Bluff >> It’s an annual tradition the third week in December and is more than just a basketball tournament, helping to bring everyone in and out of Red Bluff together. For 27 years Red Bluff High School has put on the Holiday Classic boys and girls basketball tournament, including teams from Southern California, Oregon, the Bay Area, Sacramento and other areas. Event coordinator Nancy Mackey said sometimes the out-of-area players and coaches have never been to Red Bluff before. “I have …last_img

Read More »

Finding the Time for What Is Important

first_imgAirtable is an online database that looks and acts like a spreadsheet. That makes it perfect for quantifying yourself (You can learn more about the quantified-self movement here if you are interested).I created a table for tracking how I spend my time. I am capturing everything I do, even my 10-minute drive to the gym each morning at 5:20 AM. I’ve exported the time that I have tracked into an Excel spreadsheet and created a pivot table to analyze how I invest my time and the return on that investment.Where Does the Time Go?The following is some of what I’ve learned so far.I spend way more time with my family than I ever imagined. I love working, and when I’m not working, I wish I was. I worry about how much time I spend with my family. But reviewing the actual time I spent with my family in January, I am pleased with how I am doing (pleased, but not satisfied).Looking at the time I spend on my physical health, I’m also pleased with the investment of time. It’s around seven hours a week, and when I missed days, I made up some time with additional hours where I could.But it’s not all good news. When I look at my very highest priorities and most important goals, I am not investing nearly as much time as I thought I was. Even though I am disciplined about my time and priorities, and even though I block my time, I am not doing as well as I need to.Me ManagementThe only real constraint any of us has is time. It is our one finite, nonrenewable resource. To invest more time in your most important outcomes, goals, and projects, you have to steal back time from other areas.Some of that time needs to come from minimizing or eliminating interruptions. It is shocking how often we are interrupted each day, and more startling how long these interruptions take. When someone asks for five minutes, they often need 25 minutes. These conversations need to be scheduled.Some of the time necessary for your most important projects and tasks needs to come from dealing with non-value creating activities. That means eliminating some things that you do, automating things that can be automated, and delegating anything where you are not the primary value creator.In the above statements, when I write “you,” I mean “me.” This is as true for me as it is for you.Is your time being invested in your most important tasks, projects, and goals?Look back at your last week’s calendars, or maybe two weeks, and count up the time you spent working on what is most important. If new client acquisition is critical to your company’s growth, how much time was spent on generating those results. If family time is important, how’d you do?Where will you find the time you need to double down on what is most important?Time is finite. You are going to have to pull time from somewhere if you are going to invest it in your highest priorities. What can you eliminate, automate, or delegate to create a space for the things you need to do to live your purpose? Essential Reading! Get my 2nd book: The Lost Art of Closing “In The Lost Art of Closing, Anthony proves that the final commitment can actually be one of the easiest parts of the sales process—if you’ve set it up properly with other commitments that have to happen long before the close. The key is to lead customers through a series of necessary steps designed to prevent a purchase stall.” Buy Nowlast_img read more

Read More »

CWG broadcast deal under ED scanner

first_imgPrasar Bharati’s Rs 246-crore deal with a UK-based broadcast firm for the coverage of the Commonwealth Games has now come under the scanner of the Enforcement Directorate.Official sources said the multi-crore deal struck with SIS Live in UK is the latest of the various projects connected with the CWG being scrutinised by the country’s premier agency against money laundering and forex violations.The latest move by the Directorate will bring under scrutiny role of certain top officials of Prasar Bharati, they said.The ED has already sought information from the Income Tax department, which had carried out a survey at the premises of the local arm of the UK firm.The deal came under scanner because the public broadcaster entered into a Rs 246-crore agreement with SIS Live for the broadcast of the sporting extravaganza and later, the UK company sub-contracted the same to an Indian firm ‘Zoom Communication’ for just Rs 177 crore.Sources said the I-T department had first raised the red flag over the deal following scrutiny of sub-contract papers. The ED is in the process of issuing summons in connection with the case under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA).President Pratibha Patil had late last year ordered suspension of Prasar Bharti’s controversial CEO B S Lalli.Lalli, who assumed the post in December 2006, was indicted by the Central Vigilance Commission which accused him of breach of Parliamentary privilege, giving undue favours to some broadcast companies and financial mismanagement.The two-member Committee headed by former Comptroller and Auditor General V K Shunglu, which went into alleged financial irregularities in the CWG, has strongly indicted suspended Lalli and Doordarshan Director General Aruna Sharma, accusing them of “collusion” with the UK-based firm which benefited Rs 135 crore in the broadcast deal.advertisementThe Committee said that based on documents available, it has concluded that the actual cost of the contract awarded to SIS Live was at best about Rs 111 crore, thus resulting in a profit of at least Rs 135 crore for the UK-based company and Zoom Communications.With inputs from PTIlast_img read more

Read More »

SPORT-ZICO 2 LAST

first_imgZico, who played for Brazil at the 1978, 1982 and 1986 Zico, who played for Brazil at the 1978, 1982 and 1986 World Cups, said that recently he had very productive meetings with Turkeys federation but was not able to get its support because of UEFAs influence. The same thing happened in Japan, which he said is being pressured by the Asia confederation. Platini, who has some influential supporters in Asia, dismissed the need for changes in eligibility regulations, saying “rules are rules.” “He doesnt have five letters?,” the Frenchman said when asked Tuesday about Zicos intentions. “Im sorry.” Zico later published the “open letter” he delivered to Blatter with a list of 10 points “essential for the reform process,” including the need to “reform the FIFA presidency” through term limits, transparency and “an open and transparent electoral” process. “Elections are one of the key things to be reformed,” he wrote. “After all, an election under the current rules can only serve those already committed to the current system.” Zico said he has the “ideal platform for advancing” changes at FIFA. “The football community seeks a fresh, independent candidate not involved with or compromised by the current and previous governance structures at FIFA, confederations and national associations,” the 62-year-old Brazilian said. Blatter cant actually do much about changing the election rules. Any changes would have to be approved by FIFAs executive committee — which is meeting this week in Zurich to discuss other matters. Zico traveled to Switzerland to try to gather support for his bid by meeting with federation officials who are attending the session on Thursday and Friday. He said he will meet with U.S. federation president Sunil Gulati on Thursday and is hopeful of winning his support, which would leave him needing three more. “It will be difficult, we know,” he said. “But lets see how it goes.” AP AH CMadvertisementlast_img read more

Read More »

10 months agoPorto defender Eder Militao unsettled by Man Utd interest

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Porto defender Eder Militao unsettled by Man Utd interestby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the lovePorto defender Eder Militao has been unsettled by interest from Manchester United.United are interested in the Brazilian for the winter market.Correio da Manha Militao is “reluctant” to sign a new contract with Porto as the rumours of a move to United circulate.The young defender is also on the radar of Real Madrid.Militao was close to joining Manchester City last year before committing to Porto. last_img

Read More »

Series win will boost Australia for World Cup Katich

first_imgKolkata: Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) coach Simon Katich believes that winning the just concluded One-Day International (ODI) series in India will give the Australian players a lot of confidence going into the World Cup later this year. India surrendered a 2-0 lead in the recently concluded 5-match series as the Australians made a superb recovery by winning three consecutive matches to claim the series. “It is a very god result, given how tough a summer it has been. You know, losing to India in Australia for the very first time..it was tough for the Australians to take. They deserve all the credit in coming to India and winning,” Katich told reporters here on Thursday. Also Read – Dhoni, Paes spotted playing football together”Australia have not been playing great ODI cricket for the past 12 months, so I think what they showed here in India is a lot of spirit and determination,” he added. There were several players in the Australian team who produced outstanding performances, most notably opener Usman Khawaja, who was the highest scorer of the series with two centuries and an equal number of half-centuries. Spinner Adam Zampa and lower-order batsman Ashton Turner also put in notable performances. Also Read – Andy Murray to make Grand Slam return at Australian OpenWith the 50-over World Cup coming up in a couple of months, Katich asserted that the Australians will have plenty of options whey they get down to the task of selecting the squad for the marquee tournament. “A few new faces propped up and grabbed their chance. There was Usman Khawaja at the top of the order, he was outstanding. Aston Turner down the order was excellent at the back end of the innings. So it has given the Australian selectors some interesting decisions to make ahead of the World Cup squad selection,” he said. Steve Smith and David Warner will also make a comeback after serving a year-long ban for ball tampering, which Katich feels, will add much needed experience to the Australian squad. “Having the class of Smith and Warner coming back into the mix, gives us a lot more confidence with our squad moving forward for the World Cup. So great result for Australia, and I hope that it continues throughout the English summer,” the former Australia star said.last_img read more

Read More »

NPCL officials booked for transformer explosion tragedy

first_imgGreater Noida: Following the tragic death of three children who were charred to death in an electricity transformer explosion incident in sector Phi-III of Greater Noida on Wednesday afternoon, Gautam Buddh Nagar police have booked officials of Noida Power Company Limited (NPCL) who were responsible for upkeep of the cables at the transformer and the maintenance of sub-station. They have been charged for causing death due to negligence and under relevant Sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe deceased identified as Rinku (13), Golu (8) and Sagar (8), all natives of sector phi-III in Greater Noida were playing at the road situated near the electricity substation. All the three children were trapped with the live wires of transformer and were charred in the fire triggered by transformer blast around 3:00 pm on Wednesday. The family members of the deceased alleged laxity from electricity department as they made several complaints regarding malfunctioning of the transformer but no one responded. They also complained that no attendant was ever appointed in the transformer room while the gates of the plot and shutter of room, where transformer was placed, remained open always. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsCops have sent samples from the site to the forensic science laboratory and after getting the expert’s opinion, police came to the conclusion that the LT cable on the transformer premises was not kept in good condition and the concerned NPCL officials did not take precautionary measures, even though there was history of complaints made by residents. “Based on the complaint received, an FIR under Sections 304A (causing death due to negligence), and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered against eight officials of NPCL including the CEO of board at Kasna police station of Greater Noida. The investigating officer is carrying out fair investigations into the case while actions will be taken against those responsible for the fatal incident,” said Shwetabh Pandey, Circle Officer-I, Greater Noida.last_img read more

Read More »

IndiaBdesh Home Minister level talks next week in Delhi

first_imgNEW DELHI: Amidst hectic political campaign Home Minister Rajnath Singh has invited his Bangladesh counterpart Asaduzzaman Khan for bilateral talks next week here.Though Singh is also contesting the Lok Sabha poll from Lucknow constituency, he thought it was important to have the 7th round of bilateral talks before the polls. During the polls, most of the paramilitary forces would be deployed all over the country. India needs special cooperation from Bangladesh to keep a strict vigil on the border and especially to the sensitive areas. Intelligence agencies have alerted the government for a possible terrorist attack to disrupt the poll process. Official sources said Bangladesh and India will discuss trans-border security, cross border trafficking and border management issues during the home minister-level talks slated to be held on April 1. Bangladesh Minister will arrive in the capital on 31st March and will leave for Dhaka on 2nd April. Asaduzzaman Khan and Rajnath Singh will lead their respective sides to the talks. The 6th round of home ministerial talks was held in Dhaka in October last year when Indian Home Minister Rajnath Singh visited Bangladesh. The sources further said they might discuss other issues like Rohingya influx into Bangladesh, their repatriation, restriction on visa issuance (except emergency need) before and during the general election in India that begins from April 11. It’s reported in Dhaka press that law and order situation is fast deteriorating in the makeshift refugee camps for the displaced Rohingyas. Indian intelligence agencies have also alerted their counterparts in Bangladesh about a possible influx of some radical groups and illegal arms are also found in the camp. In two occasions Bangladesh police had to fire to disperse the armed groups. In fact, Bangladesh Government has also urged the India Government to take up this refugee crisis with the Myanmar government for speedy repatriation of the displaced person to their homeland. Last month, Bangladesh foreign minister Dr A K Abdul Momin visited India and gave a new proposal to Indian External Affair Minister for consideration. Their proposal was to create a safe zone for the Rohingyas in the Rakhine Province and that zone should be monitored by both friendly countries like India and China. So far, the India government has not given any positive response. Bangladesh Home minister is likely to raise the same issue to Home Minister Rajnath Singh. In this meeting, the opening of a new consulate in southern state Tamil Nadu will get importance. Bangladesh High Commissioner Syed Moazzem Ali had recently visited Chennai to expedite the process. Last year, both countries signed a revised visa protocol. Officials said both sides will review the progress on this issue and apart from Home minister, Home Secretary, representatives from all security agencies and Indian High Commissioner Riva Das Ganguly will be present for the day-long deliberation.last_img read more

Read More »