BIMCO Names New Secretary General & CEO

first_imgThe world’s largest shipping association BIMCO has appointed David Loosley as its new Secretary-General & CEO with effect from June 2020. Mr. Loosley joins from the Institute of Marine Engineering Science & Technology (IMarEST), which he has led for the last eight years.Angus Frew, BIMCO’s current Secretary General & CEO, had previously announced that he will be stepping down in the summer of 2020 after leading the organization for seven years as he wishes to spend more time in the UK and less time working. “We are delighted to have found a successor who can continue to build on the excellent work carried out by Angus Frew in positioning BIMCO as the world’s largest international shipping association. David has outstanding communication skills and is a proven leader of an international shipping-related business,” BIMCO President, Sadan Kaptanoglu said announcing his appointment.Prior to joining IMarEST, Mr. Loosley ran operations at the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO) where he was responsible for the transition from analogue to digital navigational products, and chaired the Digital Geospatial Information Working Group (DGWIG) to help drive global standardization. He has also served at sea for 10 years in the UK Royal Navy.“I am very excited to be joining BIMCO at this critical time for the industry where a volatile market, new technology, and increasing environmental regulation are all having a significant impact. I look forward to working with the Board of Directors to build on the work of my predecessor and to ensure that BIMCO maintains its relevance and leadership position, continuing to provide practical solutions and expert advice to its members and the wider maritime community,” Loosley said.last_img read more

Read More »

Total Taps Worley for North Plate FEED in Gulf of Mexico

first_imgWorley has been awarded the front-end engineering design (FEED) contract for Total USA’s North Platte field development in the Gulf of Mexico.Located approximately 275 kilometers off the coast of Louisiana, the North Platte field development includes a semi-submersible floating production unit (FPU) in water over 1,300 meters deep.The project brings together Worley’s recently acquired capability for the floating production unit topside design with Intecsea experience for the design of the hull, mooring and subsea pipelines.Having completed the pre-FEED phase in August 2019, this award extends Worley’s involvement in Total’s deepwater Gulf of Mexico project.“We are delighted to continue supporting Total’s return to Gulf of Mexico operations through the North Platte development,” said Karen Sobel, Group president for Major Projects and Integrated Solutions at Worley. “This project provides Worley with an opportunity to bring together our complimentary capability in both topside and hull design to offer complete, capital efficient and lightweight deep-water solutions. It’s an exciting prospect for our customers and our business.”The FEED component of the project is being led by Worley’s Houston office with support from its Hyderabad office in India.The North Platte Development forms part of Total’s reentry, as an operator, into Gulf of Mexico operations with oil production expected to average 75,000 barrels per day at plateau level.Total expects to make its final investment decision in 2021.last_img read more

Read More »

Carolyn Sue Reynolds

first_imgCarolyn Sue Reynolds, of Harrison, was born on July 27, 1939 in West Harrison, the daughter of George and Rosie Boggs.  She married Ronald G. Reynolds on August 31, 1973 in Cincinnati, Ohio and he preceded her in death on May 6, 1990.  Carolyn retired from Campbell-Hausfeld in Harrison.  She enjoyed her church family at New Vision Church in Harrison, where she was a member.  Carolyn liked to garden, and was fond of attending and participating in Native-American festivals.  She especially adored spending time with her family.  On Saturday, May 27, 2017, at the age of 77, Carolyn passed away at Arbor Grove Village in Greensburg. Those surviving who will cherish Carolyn’s memory include her children, Allen Boggs of Effingham, IL, Vicky Lynn (Randy) Arteburn of Mason, IL, Anthony (Missy) Boggs of Cape Coral, FL, and Eugene (Dionne) Gehrum of Rising Sun; brothers, Merle (Lois) Boggs of West Harrison, McKinley (Verdi) Boggs of Covington, KY, and a sister, Virginia Hamlin of Batavia, OH; 5 grandchildren; 7 great-grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews.  Besides her parents and her husband, she was preceded in death by a brother, George Boggs, Jr., a sister, Rosemary Jones, and a brother-in-law, Jackson Hamlin. Memorial contributions may be directed to the family.  To sign the online guestbook or leave a personal condolence, please visit www.cookrosenberger.com.  The staff of Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home is honored to care for the family of Carolyn Reynolds.center_img Visitation is Monday, June 5, 2017 from 10 a.m. until time of service at 11 a.m. at Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home, 929 Main Street, Brookville.  Pastor Tom Gillespie will officiate the service at the funeral home and burial will follow in Maple Grove Cemetery.last_img read more

Read More »

Alderweireld making waves again

first_imgToby Alderweireld helped Atletico Madrid shock the football world last season – success he can follow by helping Southampton create similar ripples this term. The Belgium defender was a part of the Atleti side that last term so impressively broke Barcelona and Real Madrid’s stranglehold on Spanish football. Alderweireld helped Diego Simeone’s side to a first Primera Division crown since 1996 and came off the bench in the Champions League final, where rivals Real Madrid cruelly denied the Atletico a famous double. Reaching the Lisbon finale was impressive enough, though, and the kind of success inspiring the 25-year-old to succeed at Southampton five months on. Alderweireld moved to St Mary’s in search of first-team football on a season-long loan, with a view to a £6.3million permanent deal – a surprising deadline-day move which is so far paying dividends. “I played games and I was happy there [at Atletico], but I wanted to play more for at least one season,” he said. “Southampton came, I talked to Ronald Koeman and he asked if I could play here and I said ‘yeah, yeah, why not? No problem’. “They brought a lot of footballers for the way we want to play and I like that. “He looked at a lot of games in Spain and said ‘yeah, you played one third of the games, so you can stay there and hope for your chance or come here and show your qualities’. “I really wanted to play again a lot more and to show my qualities to the world.” Alderweireld is certainly doing that so far, having played an integral role in Southampton’s fine start to the campaign. Press Association This was supposed to be a season of doom and gloom at St Mary’s given the well-documented talent drain, yet they start November second in the Barclays Premier League with the best defensive record in English football. “I did not expect us to be as good as we are, of course,” he said after Saturday’s 1-0 win against Stoke. “But I expected to come into a very good team, who like to play football and get good results. “Like now, we’re working very hard and doing good. “We feel when someone is going, someone has to stay. There’s a good feeling about us so it helps.” Few expect Saints to remain in such a lofty position come the end of the season, but many commentators said similar things about Atletico last season. “That is why Saturday was a very good win,” Alderweireld said when that was put to him. “The expectations are rising. “Everybody, especially at home, think we’re going to win maybe easily against a good opponent like Stoke City. “It is very difficult to achieve that and that’s why we worked very hard. “We played good in the first half and in the second half we worked very hard to get the three points. That makes me very satisfied.” last_img read more

Read More »

Meeke’s lead reduced

first_img The 35-year-old Dungannon native is bidding to win his first ever rally and become the first British winner since Colin McRae won the Safari Rally in 2002. Jari-Matti Latvala (Volkswagen) is third overall, while Wales’ Elfyn Evans (M-Sport) is fourth and Thierry Neuville (Hyundai) rounds off the top five. Volkswagen won all three of Saturday’s stages with Andreas Mikkelsen claiming two wins and Sebastien Ogier, who was forced to retire from Friday’s racing after encountering a fuel flow problem, winning the other. But the day’s racing was overshadowed by Paddon’s accident on the third stage of the day which saw six spectators injured. Neither Paddon nor his co-driver John Kennard were hurt in the accident, but the stage was cancelled to allow the casualties to be taken to hospital. Meeke led Citroen team-mate Mads Ostberg by one minute and 8.4 seconds after Friday’s racing but saw his lead cut significantly when he spun during Saturday’s opening stage. The Northern Irishman regained time with a third-placed finish in the day’s final stage, despite stopping briefly after a water splash, to lead Ostberg by 38.6secs with just two stages on Sunday to come. Kris Meeke saw his overall Rally Argentina lead narrow on a day which also saw a group of spectators injured in a crash involving Hyundai driver Hayden Paddon.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More »

State Troopers find 12 kilos of cocaine in woman’s car after traffic stop

first_imgAccording to the Florida Highway Patrol, a traffic spot in Sumter County led a trooper to find 12 kilos of cocaine.The traffic stop was due to troopers suspecting illegal window tints on a Dodge Journey that was headed south on I-75.Troopers stopped the driver who was, 27-year-old Elizabeth Espinoza, became very nervous right away.Espinoza was overly nervous causing authorities to call on FHP K-9 to search the vehicle.That’s when officials discovered $1.2 million of cocaine in the car.Espinoza was booked into the Sumter County Jail on multiple drug charges, including trafficking.Florida Highway Patrol K-9 Flip helps Troopers in Sumter County seize 12 kilos of cocaine and make a trafficking arrest. pic.twitter.com/OEMRW0HZCm— FLHSMV (@FLHSMV) January 8, 2020last_img

Read More »

Today Marks the Peak of Hurricane Season and the Tropics are Hopping

first_imgSeptember 10th is considered the peak of hurricane season, statically the most common date to have a large number of tropical systems in the Atlantic basin, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.The peak of hurricane season is fueled by the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea, and the Gulf of Mexico and winter weather factors are not yet affecting tropical systems.Right on schedule, the National Hurricane Center is monitoring 7 systems across the Atlantic. None of which are an immediate threat to land.The system of most concern is Disturbance #4 located off the coast of Africa. It’s moving into the Atlantic today and there’s a good chance it will become tropical storm “Sally” in the next few days.Odds of development/organized systems. (National Hurricane Center)The large system is expected to slowly move west toward the Caribbean islands over the weekend, then when the system is about two-thirds of the way to the Caribbean the question is, will the blocking Bermuda high-pressure system prevent Sally from turning north? Forecasters believe that the weaker the system stays, the more likely it is to continue west toward South Florirda, but the strength of Paulette might also come into play. A stronger Paulette might have the effect of further weakening the blocking high and turn potential-Sally north.Another problem blob, Disturbance #5 is forecast to move off the coast of Africa in a day or two near potential-Sally possibly affecting her track. If that system develops into a named storm the “T” name on the list is Teddy.Active topics breed uncertainty in the long-range forecasts, so even though nothing appears to be threatening us right now, it’s the time of year to stay informed.last_img read more

Read More »

Former Mohun Bagan players hail merger with ATK

first_imgKolkata: Former Mohun Bagan players have hailed the club’s historic merger with two-time Indian Super League (ISL) champions ATK, saying it will only help the 130-year-old club’s legacy to further spread its wings by playing in the top league of the country.On Thursday, ATK acquired majority stake in I-League heavyweights Mohun Bagan and together they will now play in the ISL from next season.The RPSG Group, which owns and runs two-time ISL champions ATK, will become an 80 per cent majority shareholder with Mohun Bagan owning the remaining 20 per cent shares. The merged club will come into existence from June 1, 2020 and will compete in the ISL 2020-21, along with other important competitions of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) calendar.“Huge news for all those connected with football fraternity and for fans. It’s a morale booster for them I would say because ISL is the top league right now and I am sure Mohun Bagan fans will love it,” goalkeeper Rajat Ghosh Dastidar, who played for Mohun Bagan between 1999-2003, told Star Sports.N.S. Manju said a top club like Mohun Bagan deserves to play in the top league. “ISL is the top league in India and Mohun Bagan being a big club should play in this league. The legacy will continue and this will be good for Indian football,” he said.ATK are in the race for top honours in the ISL, while Mohun Bagan are also in the running for what would be their fifth national title in the I-League. Sushanth Mathew revealed that when ATK came into existence, they wanted to merge with the franchise. “When ATK came to ISL, we badly wanted to collaborate with it. So it’s great news for Indian football,” he said.Syed Rahim Nabi exuded confidence that this move will draw more fans to the stadium. “I feel this will further pull crowds and there will be packed houses in Kolkata,” he said. IANSAlso Read: ATK-Mohun Bagan merger ‘momentous’ for Bengal football: Sourav GangulyAlso Watch: Protesters, who walked all the way from Tinsukia-Guwahati to protest against CAA 2019, Detained!last_img read more

Read More »

F1 approves cost-cutting measures in F1

first_img(REUTERS) – Formula One’s governing body hailed a major step forward yesterday after approving a package of cost-cutting measures including a $145M budget cap from next year.The measures, rubber-stamped by the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council by an online vote, aim to create a more level playing field for the 10 teams and a more sustainable future.“Formula One wins today. This is a crucially important moment for our sport,” said McLaren Racing chief executive Zak Brown, who had pushed for an even tighter budget restriction, in a statement.“F1 has been financially unsustainable for some time, and inaction would have risked the future of F1 and its participants.”FIA president Jean Todt thanked the teams and hailed “a major step forward for F1 and motorsport’s sustainability”.The budget cap will be reduced to $140M for 2022 and $135M for 2023-2025, based on a 21-race season, the FIA said in a statement.Some top teams spend well over $200M a year at present.A list of components will be frozen between 2020 and 2021, including the chassis and gearbox, and there will also be a further reduction in aerodynamic testing.This will be according to championship position, with more restrictions for the more successful teams in a development handicap system.“A uniform budget cap, in concert with more even distribution of revenue among the teams, will ensure greater competition and more people wanting to watch live and on TV, driving more sustained revenues to underpin the long-term financial health of the teams and the sport,” said Brown.The current season has yet to start due to the COVID-19 pandemic and when it does, likely in July, it will be without spectators.Team principal Andreas Seidl said McLaren were pleased teams would have enough aerodynamic freedom to retain the competitive element.Sweeping new regulations are due to come into effect in 2022 after being postponed from 2021.Sportscar maker McLaren announced redundancies on Tuesday, with the likely departure of some 70 people from the F1 team to meet the budget cap requirements.“Adjusting the way we work and right-sizing the team to this new cap over the next months is a massive and painful task,” said Seidl. “But our aim is to be the best-sized and most efficient team in the future.”last_img read more

Read More »